Here's what you will need:
- 2 wire clothes hangers
- boxwood branches
- floral wire
- wire cutters
- pliers (needle nose would probably be best)
- ribbon of choice
1. To begin, unwind the wire hangers where they connect at the hook. Bend each a little off center at the base of the hanger so when placed together they make a 4-pointed star shape.
2. Use pliers to twist the wires where they overlap to create your star.
3. Cut a bunch (you'll need a lot) of 3 inch-ish long wires.
4. Cut/rip small chunks of boxwood and wire them around the wreath. I found that they slipped around the wire a bit until you had a good base. One way I thought of (after the fact) to help with the wired pieces slipping around is to put a bead of hot glue onto the wire hangers so that the wire you are using to attach the boxwood has something to catch to.
5. Work your way around the wreath adding small chunks of boxwood as needed until it is full. Tie a bow at the top of the wreath to hang!
You could add berries, a big bow, ornaments, or anything else you'd like! Do you like the wreath simple or would you add something else? I'm toying with the idea of adding some berries for a little more color.