Sunday, October 20, 2013

Modern & Fresh Fall Home Tour

Well, today's the day!  A big thanks to Kristen and Lindsay for inviting me to participate in their fall home tour series.  

Jenna from Rain on a Tin Roof shared her simple fall decorating tips yesterday.  I love her use of candlesticks to elevate mini pumpkins.

Simple Fall Decorating {rainonatinroof.com} #simple #fall

I haven't shared much of our home before.  So many spaces are in transition and on any given day there's furniture piled up where it doesn't belong, projects in progress on every available surface, and kids toys strewn about.

I tidied up (moved the mess) in four areas of our home and am happy to share the glimpses of fall we've added.




Blankets and cozy pillows really make fall for me!  You have to have a cozy place to curl up with a good book and some hot cocoa.  I love the texture of this mustard blanket and the crocheted pillows from Target.


We just put up a new DIY bay window curtain rod and curtains so you must excuse the shrouded chair.  The red floral fabric doesn't work very well with the curtains and this pretty flocked fabric will soon be covering the two side chairs.  I hope to eventually replace this piece with a pretty leather chair!



I placed my kid's orange pumpkins into the corner cabinet for safe keeping.  Mostly because orange pumpkins aren't my favorite and I didn't want them a big focus in the room but also because my two-year-old likes to carry them around by the stems if they're in sight and reach!  We lost one stem before I wised up to putting them behind doors.


This year's mantel still has an organic feel like last year's fall mantel but I added in pops of purple and red with mums and several no water moss terrariums.


The owl string art was made by my great grandmother!  Isn't it amazing?!






At the beginning of this year we made some changes to our kitchen.  We painted the cabinets and the space off to the side of our main kitchen was painted and some new hardboard planked walls and shelving went in. This is now my go to space for seasonal vignettes.  I added some brown tones on the shelves, hung a festive apron, leaned a faux connhusk wreath on my rolling pins, and added some mums for color and seasonal texture.



A scrap of flannel was perfect for camouflaging the overhanging top of a mum pot and tying together the purple, red, teal, and coral color scheme.




The only addition to the kitchen was a pair of woodland applique towels.  If you're curious about my easy applique method stop over and read about my son's fox pillow.





We haven't hosted and formal family gathering at our house but I do enjoy coming up with pretty fall tables.  Last year's table was mustard and brown so I went with something much more colorful this year.


Some flannel fabric and tribal napkins were the basis for the whole design.



It has a western vibe without looking overly rustic or manly.






As promised last week, here's a peek at our new DIY antique water bottle lamps on the fraternal twin end tables we bought from Cassie!  I love them!!  They are the perfect height and pop of color to go with the weathered bed my husband made.



I finally hung some art that was sitting on the floor up on the wall.  Working with an existing nail in the wall I created a small asymmetrical gallery wall centered over the dresser and chair.  I live in scarves during the fall and winter, so I figured using some of them as decor would help them be easily accessible and look pretty! A simple grapevine pumpkin and a leafy ironstone plate were added for a decidedly fall touch.


I apologize for the green tinge in many of the master photos.  We inherited the overcooked pea green wall color when we purchased the house and plan to replace it with a smoky navy gray eventually.  Time and the cost of the needed 5 gallon bucket of paint have held us off.  I can't wait until we can get them painted though because all the gold accents are really going to pop with the darker color!!



Thanks for visiting!  Don't forget to stop over at Kelly's from View Along the Way tomorrow!  I am sure her fall tour is going to be beautiful and inspiring.

If you missed any tours and/or want to stay on top of the remaining tours here's the schedule for the entire month.

Starting October 1 – Kristen from KFD Designs 

2 – Sarah from Sarah M. Dorsey Designs 

3 – Gabbi from Retro Ranch Reno 

4 – Brittany from Brittany Makes 

5 – Jesse from Scout & Nimble 

– Julia from Cuckoo 4 Design 

7 – Carolyn from Sweet Chaos Home 

8 – Jennifer from The Chronicles of Home 

9 – Bethany from Dwellings by Devore 

10 – Carmel from Our Fifth House 

11 – Kristin from The Hunted Interior 

12 – Anneke from This That & Life 

13 – Michelle from Décor and the Dog 

14 – Cassie from Primitive & Proper 

15 – Ally from From the Right Bank 

16 – Shannon from Shannon Berrey Designs 

17 – Danika from Gorgeous Shiny Things 

18 – Kristin from Bliss at Home 

19 – Jenna from Rain on a Tin Roof 

20 – Jessica from Dear Emmeline  (ME)

21 – Kelly from View Along the Way 

22 – Sarah from Lacquer and Linen 

23 – Eileen from A Creative Day Blog 

24 – Sarah from Royal Marigold 

25 – Lori from Lori May Interiors 

26 – Jennifer from Dimples and Tangles 

27 – Caitlin from Desert Domicile 

28 – Sherry from Design Indulgence 

29 – Lakeitha from Lakeitha Duncan Lifestyle Blog 

30 – Shavonda from A Home Full of Color 
and Whitney from The Curtis Casa 

31 – Angela from Number Fifty-three 
and Jennifer from Brave New Home

22 comments:

  1. I love everything. I really do love the eclectic look and feel in your home. I have to say that I'm completely smitten with your great-grandmother's owl string art. It's so awesome and that it has meaning is just the cherry on top! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors and details for fall! I do have to ask...what is the brass donkey thing for? I'm becoming obsessed with little brass figures after buying two at auctions but I've never seen yours before. Is it a lighter?

    Megan @ Thebrickbungalow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly have no clue! It kind of seems like a letter opener to me. I'll have to open i up again and inspect better. It was my grandfather's so maybe if I check with him he can verify what it's intended for!

      Delete
  3. Sweet tour! I love incorporating mustards for fall, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Jennifer! Mustard one of my favorite colors in general! Love that it's perfect for fall !

      Delete
  4. Love your house tour, Jessica! You have a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica I loved your house tour! Thanks so much for sharing. I especially liked your master bedroom - I even kinda liked the green! But blue/grey would look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cozy! Loved it!!! Thank you for sharing Jessica :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is WOW. Gorgeous!! I love the all the colors and the owl caught my eye- what a special keepsake. Pinned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Jessica, everything looks so amazing!!! I love how you styled your plank wall area in the kitchen and your table is so pretty. All the glass containers look so pretty with the napkins and the teacups. Love everything!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! Such a compliment coming from you!!

      Delete
  9. Jessica! It's gorgeous! I love your mantle and that little table in the kitchen is perfection! Your house has so much character! Totally cozy and lovely! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your home looks awesome! so cozy and warm and so reflective of you and your personality! and wow, those nightstands. ;) still in love with your settee and with your kitchen nook!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your space. Especially the spot in your kitchen with the plank wall and table

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely tour ! I love your dining room, the tablescape looks beautiful. That owl art string art really amazed me.
    best,
    marlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlin! It's an amazing piece of art! I have no clue whether she used a pattern or made it up but wither way it's impressive!!

      Delete
  13. What a beautiful home you have! I found you on hometalk and think you've done a lovely job decorating! I'm off to see the other homes!xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! I love your home and your tour. It's so cozy and warm and very much fall. I love all the natural elements you added throughout:) thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, I LOVE that owl string art all on its own, but the fact that your great grandmother made it, makes it 100 times more awesome than it already was! What a treasure! Very cool. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful....I love the colors you have worked with. The table setting with the plum and blue is especially pretty. Thanks so much for your tour.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful home you have, Jessica. I love your decorating style. Your kitchen and dining room are probably my favorites....and your bedroom....and your living room. I love it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting! I will be replying to all blog comments through email so please be sure to have an email address tied to your account.

If you have any specific questions please email me directly at dearemmeline(at)aol(dot)com so I can make sure you receive a reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...